||Today is: Thursday, February 20, 2020
DIRECTIONS TO FOLLOW UPON RECEIVING YOUR EXAM RESULTS FOR THE FS, PS, PE AND FE EXAMS
(Structural PE examinees - please scroll down to the bottom of the page for your directions)
IF YOU PASSED:
• FS examinees: Congratulations! Please allow three weeks to receive your Surveyor Intern enrollment letter and about eight weeks to receive your SI certificate.
• PS comity examinees: Congratulations! Please allow four weeks to receive your Professional Surveyor licensure letter and about eight weeks to receive your PS certificate.
• PS initial examinees: Congratulations! Please allow four weeks to receive the results of your Mississippi state-specific exam. If you passed both exams, please allow four weeks to receive your Professional Surveyor licensure letter and about eight weeks to receive your PS certificate.
• PE examinees: Congratulations! Please allow three weeks to receive your Professional Engineer licensure letter and about eight weeks to receive your PE certificate.
• FE examinees: Congratulations! We must have received your official transcript verifying your graduation in order to enroll you as an Engineer Intern. Depending on Board operations, we USUALLY issue EI enrollment letters during the last few days of the month. EI certificates are mailed about eight weeks later.
If you have not yet submitted your official transcript, then once you have graduated: 1) Arrange to have your official transcript sent directly from the university to the MS Board of PE/PS Licensure, 660 North Street, Suite 400, Jackson, MS 39202, and 2) email your current mailing address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are having your transcript mailed, allow AT LEAST one week for U.S. postal delivery and then VERIFY with our office that the transcript has been received.
MDOT,MDEQ & MSDH employees, or potential employees, needing EI enrollment issued by the 1st of the month should PLAN ACCORDINGLY. Verify that we already have your transcript; don't assume the postal service delivered it. Schedule your FE exam BEFORE the middle of the month to allow sufficient time for grading. If your exam result and your transcript are received AFTER EI enrollments are issued for the month, your EI enrollment will be issued at the end of the NEXT month.
IF YOU DID NOT PASS:
For the Engineer Intern (FE) and Surveyor Intern (FS) exams: the Board’s official approval to take the exam expires after two years. The applicant is allowed up to three citations (opportunities) during each year to take and pass the exam. So it is possible for an applicant to take the exam up to six times over a two year period. We do not grant “postponements,” regardless of the reason. The Board’s official approval to take the exam expires after two years, whether the applicant has utilized six citations or not. If the applicant is not successful by the end of the second year, the application is closed and a new application is required.
For pencil-and-paper exams, except for the Structural PE exam: For the initial (first) application, the applicant is allowed three consecutive citations (opportunities) to take the exam. The citations count, whether the exam is actually taken or not. If the applicant is not successful by the third citation, the initial application is closed. On subsequent applications, only one exam citation is allowed per application.
All examinees (except Structural PE): If you have another citation remaining on your current application, you may re-register for the exam at www.ncees.org. There are deadlines to register for the pencil-and-paper exams given in April and October, so be sure to check the NCEES website for those deadlines.
If you do NOT have another citation remaining on your current application, to attempt the exam again, a new application and Board approval is required. You may reapply with the MS Board at our website: www.pepls.state.ms.us. There are application deadlines for the pencil-and-paper exams given in April and October: December 15 for April and June 15 for October. The computer-based exams do not have application deadlines.
Subsequent applications to take a pencil-and-paper exam will be allowed only one citation per application, subject to the restrictions below. For pencil-and-paper exams, this one citation counts, whether the applicant actually takes the exam or not at the next offering of the exam.
For pencil-and-paper exams, an applicant having three or more unsuccessful attempts of the same exam, regardless of the jurisdiction in which the exam is administered, must submit an application to be readmitted to future administrations of the same exam. If readmitted by the Board, the applicant may take the exam no sooner than eleven (11) months following the most recent attempt.
If you have questions about your eligibility to test again, how many citations remain on your current application, whether or not you may re-register, or if you need to reapply, please email: email@example.com