||Today is: Sunday, May 31, 2020
Available to Mississippi residents only
- Professional Engineer Instructions
- Professional Engineer Application
- Transcript Request Form
- Verification of FE Exam Form
- Experience Verification Form
- Character Reference Form
BE ADVISED - experience cannot be anticipated. On the date you sign your application, you should have obtained the required amount of experience at that point in time. You should not file the application if you know you need several more months of experience.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Your FULL NAME is required by state law.
As of February 2020, PE applicants who qualify will no longer make application to the Mississippi Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Surveyors to take the PE exam.
Instead, individuals will be allowed to register directly with NCEES, prior to having obtained the four years of engineering experience, provided they already meet the following criteria:
- hold a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering from an EAC/ABET-accredited program
- have taken and passed the NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering Examination.
- are a Mississippi resident.
- have the FE exam and their education VERIFIED in their NCEES account.
Only those individuals that have met the education requirements and have passed the FE exam may sit for the PE exam prior to having gained the required experience.
AFTER you have taken and successfully passed the NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering Examination; the NCEES Principles & Practice of Engineering Examination; AND, have obtained four (4) full years of qualifying engineering experience from the date you received your ABET EAC accredited degree in engineering, you are then eligible to complete the Mississippi “licensure application”.