||Today is: Saturday, August 8, 2020
The Mississippi Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Surveyors was established by the state legislature in 1928. The Board's mission is to safeguard life, health, and property, and to promote the public welfare by providing a complete and thorough registration process for Professional Engineers and Professional Surveyors, ensuring that each is properly qualified to practice in the state of Mississippi. The Board also regulates the practice of engineering and surveying in the state through investigation and disciplinary authority granted by Title 73, Chapter 13 of the Mississippi Code.
- Corona Virus Impact on Board Operations
- Open Meeting Announcements
- The next Board meeting will be on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 beginning at 8:30 AM at the Board’s office in Jackson, Mississippi.
- 2020 Licensure Renewals
All licenses expire December 31, 2019 if not renewed.
Online Licensure renewal for 2020 will begin on Tuesday, October 1, 2019; and after December 31, 2019, expired license renewals will continue to be accepted through Tuesday, June 30, 2020 (with the appropriate late fee).
Our system will process ONLINE licensure renewals for both individuals AND for COA's (firms).
All renewals (Licensees and Firms) MUST be completed online.
You MUST have obtained ALL of your continuing education PDH's prior to renewal and you will be required to enter in your continuing education PDH’s into the system in order to renew for 2020.
Instructions for entering your continuing education PDH’s are posted at the bottom of this home page, titled “CE How To”; and again inside of the licensing portal.
- IMPORTANT REMINDERS:
- A firm's COA cannot be renewed for 2020 until AFTER the designated licensee for the firm has renewed his individual license for 2020.
- Individuals renewing online October 1 through December 31 will be $35.00 per license.
- Firms renewing their COA online October 1 through December 31 will be $50.00 per COA.
- For renewal of an expired license, a 10% per month late fee is assessed for a max of 6 months, after which re-licensure is required.
- Renewal invoices will no longer be mailed out, therefore it is imperative that you have your email address up to date in our database to receive crucial information and instructions from the Board.
- Spring, 2020 Newsletter
- CE How To (Rev 1)